Tuesday, December 1, 2009

jason and paris

jason mraz puts paris into the most perfect words. uggh i want to go there so bad. jason would be a good addition too...

"Paris is a perfumed city, bedazzled in lights, leather and legs. It is a city that inspires poetry, romance and leave-in conditioner. This is the one city where I’m neither bothered by cigarette smokers nor stinky cheese. Being here makes me want a chateau to claim as my castle. Being here makes me want to sleep in an expensive suit while I dream in black in white. Yet while the city consumes my imagination, I am content in the corner, a tourist observing the colorful world in a state of perpetual newness. Even in the busiest of places, I find solace as if the city were sound proof, the babble of voices being the drone of raw emotion, nothing more. My understanding of the language is so minimal that comparing it to a call of wild animals is the best I can do to apply any meaning to it. Therefore, everything I hear is magical, like ears listening to ballet. The whir of le scooter, the ding of the vino, the clop of the boots and unzipping of jackets supply the musical accompaniment to all of it including my clinking miniature spoonfuls of sugar into my annual espresso."

No comments: